Congrats to Kim Stokes for being Septembers Athlete of the Month!
Kim is a mother of 3 and works out every morning with her Max Effort- CrossFit Drexel Hill Crew! Kim has been with the MEF'ers for 3 years now following us from our previous location. She has come such a long way from not having worked out for 20 years prior! In November of 2014 she competed in her very first CrossFit competition! Read Below to find out a little more about Kim!
1. How were you introduced to Max Effort Fitness? I started training with Stephanie at another facility. Of course I followed her when she opened Max Effort Fitness!
2. What is your proudest accomplishment since being a member at MEF? Competing in my first competition. I'm also proud of myself for starting and sticking with it! I hadn't exercised in 20 years, so it's never too late!
3. What is your or biggest improvement since joining MEF? I am healthier and stronger - physically and mentally! I've learned a new level of dedication. Some days I may not feel like going to the gym, but I ALWAYS feel better after.
4. What is your six month goal? I want to get toes to bar and work on getting a pull-up!
5. What is your favorite exercise? Deadlift
6. What is your least favorite exercise? Front Squat
7. If you created a workout, what would it be? 5 rounds... 5 Hang clean 10 box jumps 15 sit ups
8. What is your Favorite cheat food? Silly question...CAKE!
9. What do you love most about Max Effort Fitness? The coaches and members are what I love most. Everyone is so supportive of each other, cheering one another on to finish the workouts. It's really a welcoming environment with great people of all ages.