Congrats to Nick Voight for being June's Athlete of the Month!
Nick has been a member of Max Effort Fitness-CrossFit Drexel Hill since November of 2015. Nick started out with his sister Lisa (who is expecting and we cant wait to have her back!) attending the 8pm conditioning classes 3x a week. After a few months Nick decided he also wanted to try the CrossFit classes as well and he has been a fat burning machine ever since! Nick has lost over 25lbs, has completed 2 2 Broad Street Races, increased his strength, endurance and overall health! AND he learned how to jump rope!! Great job Nick! The before and after pics are amazing! Keep up the great work!
How were you introduced to Max Effort Fitness?
1. I was looking into different gyms in the area and I saw MEF and my sister, Lisa, talked me into going to a class. We joined together and it has turned out to be a great decision.
What is your proudest accomplishment since being a member at MEF?
2. Seeing what I can do now compared to when I started. Something as simple as jumping rope, I’m not perfect but I continue to work on it.
What is your or biggest improvement since joining MEF?
3. I have done the Broad Street Run the past 3 years. YR 3 was this past May, I wanted to feel better during and after the Run. I put more effort into the Conditioning Classes. I improved my time and I wasn’t as sore post race compared to the previous years before joining MEF. BTW, I hate to run.
What is your six month goal?
4. Get stronger and healthier. The Coaches set you up with a plan for success, it really comes down to your choices.
What is your favorite exercise?
5. Kettle Bell Swings
What is your least favorite exercise?
6. A lot of people will say Burpees, it’s not a myth..lol
If you created a workout, what would it be?
7. 20 x 4:
20 Jump Rope
20 Kettle Bell Swings
20 Ring Rows
200 M run
Favorite Cheat Food:
8.I still drink beer, so I got to go with the sweet tooth – Fruity Pebbles…lol
What do you love most about Max Effort Fitness?
9. The Community. The Coaches are approachable and push you to do more and expect more from yourself. The encouragement from the Members, telling each other good job or almost done while passing each other during a 400 M run, and just talking after the class with each other. Many times we don’t realize it’s almost 9:45 PM and we are just talking by our cars.